DC Sports Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy has been unilaterally established to preserve the integrity of the DC Sports brand and to ensure that the reputation of our high quality. High valued products are reflected by the advertised retail price.
In order to remain in good standing, DC Sports resellers (in the US and Canada) must NOT advertise any price below MAP. The MAP will be published for certain DC Sports products in the Jobber’s Price File. The MAP may be changed at DC Sports sole discretion and at any time be publishing a revised Jobber’s Price File.
DC Sports recognizes that resellers are free to make their own decisions to advertise and sell DC Sports products at any price they choose, without consulting or advising DC Sports. Similarly, Dc Sports will exercise its rights to makes its own decisions about who is an authorized reseller of DC Sports products.
DC Sports has partnered with Brand Protection Agency (BPA) in order to monitor and enforce the MAP.
Who is a Reseller?
A reseller is any merchant that sells DC Sports products to consumers, including but not limited to: retailers, warehouse distributers, jobbers, dealers, online dealers, online 3rd party market place dealers, auction dealers, or auction websites.
What is a MAP violation?
DC Sports MAP Policy applies to all advertising of specified products in any and all media (digital or print), including but not limited to: advertisements, catalogues, inserts, mailers, flyers, posters, coupons, magazines, newspapers, public signage, internet websites, online stores, email offerings, and social media.
- Any advertisement that states or implies that any of our products covered by this policy will be sold at a price that is less than MAP violates this policy.
- Strike-through or other alterations of the MAP that is paired with a discounted price below the MAP is prohibited.
- The MAP policy does not apply to prices displayed in-store or on premises by a reseller.
- Pricing listed on an internet site is considered advertising and must adhere to the MAP Policy. Statements such as “add to basket to see price” or “call for price” are not acceptable and are considered violations of the policy.
- Advertising that offers discounted aggregate or “bundles” pricing is a violation of the policy if one or more DC Sports products are include in bundle and if the effective price of the DC Sports product is below MAP.
- Advertising that offers a coupon code discount on one or more DC Sports products resulting in advertised price falling below specified MAP is a violation of this policy.
- Advertising on a website offering a total cart discount is violation of this policy if resulting advertised price falls below specified MAP.
- Advertising that offers “Value Added” giveaways in conjunction with the sale of one or more DC Sports products is a violation of the policy if the effective advertised price of the product is below MAP.
- Any activity which DC Sports determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of the MAP policy is a violation of this policy.
- DC Sports will support national promotions of its products from time to time. DC Sports will notify authorized resellers of the term and conditions of the national promotions.
Enforcement / Penalties
DC Sports has a THREE Strikes Policy related to its MAP Policy, detailed below:
STRIKE 1: Upon discovery of a MAP violation, the offending reseller will be provided notice in writing (email). The reseller will have three (3) business days from the date of the notification to correct the infraction.
NOTE: Failure to correct infraction within specified time frame will result in escalation to STRIKE 2.
STRIKE 2: Second MAP violation within 12 months, OR failure to comply with STRIKE 1 violation.
PENALTY: Reseller will be removed from the AUTHORIZED DEALER LIST and prohibited from selling any DC Sports products for 30 days. Reseller will also be prohibited from purchasing products from DC Sports for the same 30-day period. Loss of 50% of CO-OP Program Funding (if applicable).
STRIKE 3: Third MAP violation within 12 months.
PENALTY: Dissolution of account. Return Privileges will be revoked. Reseller will be removed from AUTHROIZED DEALER LIST and added to UNAUTHORIZED DEALER LIST. Loss of 100% of CO-OP Program Funding (if applicable).
DC Sports will provide notification of revisions in writing 30 days prior to effective date. This policy may be modified or amended at any time by DC Sports. This policy will be enforced by DC Sports in its sole discretion. Resellers have no right to enforce MAP policy.
How do I report a MAP violation?
You may contact DC Sports to report MAP violations:
For any questions related to this policy, please contact:
13000 Temple Avenue
City of Industry, CA 91746
Please be aware that not all resellers are authorized dealers of DC Sports products. Only authorized DC Sports dealers are permitted to sell official products. Products warranty will only be honored if products are purchased from authorized DC Sports dealers or authorized resellers. Please check our UNAUTHORIZED DEALER LIST at www.dcsports.com If you purchase products through a third-party seller or other dot com reseller that appears on this list, your product warranty will not be honored.
If you are not sure about purchasing from a specific dealer or reseller, please contact us directly at 877-519-9090